So I’ve written a Web service that a customer is supposed to be using, but they’re using a specific Microsoft XML class to call it, and I had never interfaced with it before. We ran into some compatability issues, and I have to make some changes, but being that I’m Mr. Test Driven Development these days, I didn’t want to update the servlets until I had a real test written to make sure that my changes made them compatible with the MS stuff. So today I sat down, looked at a C# book I bought awhile back, and hacked out a .NET program to call my API, then figured out how to compile it with the command line compiler that comes with the .NET framework. I don’t have any interest right now in becoming a .NET expert, but it’s pretty cool to sit down with a new language and platform and make something work.