It seems like every day, the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina offers up more outrages (created by humans), and my energy for commenting at length is ebbing. Some outbound links:
- FEMA prevents volunteers from setting up low power radio station to serve refugees in the Astrodome.
- In all of this, the thing that pisses me off the most remains the self-congratulation from various government officials. You guys have done a horrible job. Quit pretending like you didn’t.
- A Katrina timeline from Think Progress, and another from Josh Marshall.
- NBC anchor Brian Williams reports that law enforcement officers and soldiers in New Orleans are barring press access to some areas of the city and that there are incidents of intimidation against reporters.
- A legitimate-seeming first hand description of the refugees/detainees in Oklahoma.