Today I got an email from TextDrive saying that this humble Web site is causing my server to spend 40-50% of its CPU time on MySQL rather than the standard 3-9% and that they had to put some limits on my MySQL use to solve the problem, at least until I fix my code. What’s interesting is that the only thing I’m running is an out of the box install of Movable Type 3.2. My Web site is probably a little different than most MT installs because there are bunches of entries, but that shouldn’t be a big deal. I run all of the archive pages dynamically, which is definitely the root of the problem (if all my pages were statically served, there would be no MySQL overhead). I’ve asked them to send me the MySQL slow queries log, maybe that will hold some clues.