- Security Fix: Microsoft Update Quietly Installs Firefox Extension. This is why nobody trusts Microsoft. Pulling this sort of stunt as an OS vendor is really irresponsible.
- Scott Rosenberg: Rosen and Sotomayor: Blame it on the blog. After writing a really irresponsible hit piece, Jeffrey Rosen tries to blame his own crappy reporting on the fact that he was writing a blog post. Even though he wasn’t.
- drupal.org: Apache Solr Search Integration. How to use Solr for site search with Drupal.
- drupal.org: Zappos.com and Drupal. A case study.
- Ajaxian: GWT team Wave’s goodbye to annoying question; It’s the API stupid. How Google Wave makes use of Google Web Toolkit.
Whitehouse.gov switches to Drupal
Personal Democracy Forum has a case study on the White House’s switch to Drupal from a proprietary content management system.
Update: Via Tim O’Reilly we learn that the full stack is Drupal, Apache, MySQL, and Red Hat Linux. They’re using Apache Solr for search.