- Telegraph (UK): US cities may have to be bulldozed in order to survive. I appreciate the realistic approach to dealing with the massive shrinkage some cities have undergone.
- IE6 denial message for Momentile.com on Flickr. Brilliant.
- Atul Gawande: University of Chicago Medical School Commencement Address. This is the argument that naturally flows from his important article on health care costs. Look for a separate blog post on positive deviants.
- Economix Blog: What Is ‘Socialized Medicine’?: A Taxonomy of Health Care Systems. Single payer, nationalized health care, and a public health insurance provider are all very, very different things.
- Financial Times: First Person: Frank Ahearn. Former skip tracer advises people on how to disappear.
- Smashing Magazine: Beautiful High-Quality Free Fonts For Your Designs. Who doesn’t love fonts?
- James Fallows: Belatedly, on the Cairo speech & Obama rhetoric in general. A short explanation of how Obama differs from other politicians.
- Anil Dash: The End of Fail. Anil Dash really is the conscience of the blogosphere. The comments on this piece are really telling.
- Roger Ebert: The O’Reilly Procedure. A damning critique of Bill O’Reilly.
- Matthew Bass: Auto timeout sessions in Rails. I hate this feature but some applications demand it.
June 18, 2009 at 2:24 am
“Fail” is my favorite meme ever.
May it never die.