Here are a few things that are not true from the Plame affair. I mention them only because I see it being asserted that they are true all over the place.
- Valerie Plame was not really a covert agent. The New York Times explains her covert role in an article, and a former CIA agent confirms her status here.
- The CIA outed her itself by confirming to Novak that she worked for the agency when he called them for fact checking. Nonsensical, as explained here.
- Robert Novak’s excuses and evasions still matter. Not any more.
- Joseph Wilson’s investigation in Niger was a joke. (I’ve seen it referred to as a “tea party.”) Wilson discussed his investigation at length in this interview (PDF).
- Joseph Wilson is a Democratic political hack. Wilson served in the government under Republican and Democratic administrations, and made a $2,000 donation to the Bush campaign in 2000.
I’m sure there are others, but that’s all I can think of for now.