Christopher Allbritton says it’s civl war in Iraq, but you can judge for yourself. Here’s a list of conditions that describe a civil war that he supplies:
- A weak central government with incompetent security apparatus.
- Spread of sectarian and ethnic killings.
- Existence of armed sectarian and ethnic militias.
- High threat perception among the sectarian and ethnic groups of the country.
- Insistence of each group on its demands.
- Foreign interference and support to feuding groups.
It’s hard to argue that Iraq fails to meet any of those conditions.