Inspired by this post where Flickr’s developers talk about their toolset, here are the tools I use to get the job done:
- 20″ iMac with second 20″ monitor (in the office)
- 24″ iMac (home)
- black MacBook (don’t leave home without it)
- TextMate (for Rails and PHP development)
- Eclipse (for Java development)
- vim (for everything else)
- Perl (I still rely on it for one offs)
- Gmail (all my mail goes through my Gmail account)
- Google Reader
June 12, 2008 at 12:58 am
Good lord, what about Firefox?!
June 12, 2008 at 8:11 am
I had Firefox and Firebug on the list and must have left it out when I was reordering things. Firefox is definitely essential.