- O’Reilly Radar: Google Bets Big on HTML 5. The big takeaway from this is that current browsers already support a big chunk of HTML 5.
- Webmonkey: Google Throws Its Weight Behind HTML 5. More coverage.
- O’Reilly Radar: Google Wave: What Might Email Look Like If It Were Invented Today? Really interesting new project from Google.
- Introducing Typekit. Third party hosting for embeddable fonts. This could be huge.
- The New Yorker: Annals of Medicine: The Cost Conundrum. Convincing argument that capitalism is driving rising medical costs, delivering inferior care to patients and lining the pockets of doctors and the health care industry. This is a must-read for anyone who cares about health insurance.
Greg Knauss talks about health insurance
How a bug bite led to a $28,300 medical bill. As Greg Knauss relates, anyone without health insurance faces a daily risk of total ruin. Seems pertinent given the upcoming election.