Over the past few years, I’ve had a number of fantasies about completely rewriting the software used to generate this weblog. Needless to say, it’s never happened. I wrote the first version, and have kind of glommed features onto it since then. I have also often fantisized about releasing it as a nifty open source package that people can use to build their own weblogs. However, because I’ve never managed to clean up the code, or even make it coherent, that hasn’t happened either. Half of it is written in PHP, the other half in Perl. The database schema sucks. The code is not well thought out at all. I console myself with the fact that I know I could do better if I tried.