I have a number of Sonya Sotomayor links today.
- SCOTUSblog: Judge Sotomayor’s Appellate Opinions in Civil Cases. A review of her actual work. This is the important stuff when evaluating judges.
- Daytime Running Lights: Simple Wins. Case study of a realtime chat server built using CouchDB.
- The Quine Page (self-reproducing code). A quine is a program that produces its own source as its output.
- Tim Bray: The Web vs. the Fallacies. How the Web makes many of the fallacies of distributed computing less fallacious.
- SCOTUSblog: The Dynamic of the Nomination of Sonia Sotomayor. She’s as qualified as any other recent nominee, she doesn’t seem like she’ll expand the ideological boundaries of the Supreme Court, and she’s going to be confirmed.
- Glenn Greenwald: Justice Sam Alito on empathy and judging. The fixation on Obama’s empathy criteria for Supreme Court justices is a canard.
- Shhhaw! On Redesigning the Front Page of Talking Points Memo.